- Copy of your passport (must include the pages to prove your name, birth date, nationality, signature, status of residence and the last date you left Japan.)
- Certification by your bank to prove its company name, branch name, location, your account number, and that your account is your own (Without this certification, you need your bank's seal on your request form.)
- Copy of a document that proves your basic pension number.
- Certification of no residency in Japan (e.g., "Jyuminhyo-no-johyo", moving out record of resident card) (Notes)
- "Certification of no residency in Japan" refers to the following.
Attachments are not required if the person had already left Japan. In this case PMAC will try to confirm that the person is not a resident in Japan anymore. However, if we are unable to confirm this, the claim for the benefits will not be fulfilled and the request (documents) will not be accepted and will be returned. The person will be required to re-do the departure procedure to claim the Lump-sum Withdrawal Payments again.
If the document is obtained from the municipal office before the planned departure date,
-> attach the “Copy of the resident registry document stating that the person is planned to leave Japan”
If the document is obtained from the municipal office after the departure date,
-> attach the "Deleted residence record"
From March 1st, 2017, the ruling changed to allow the request while in Japan, if the request is made after the "planned departure date" stated on the certificate of residency. When submitting the claim while in Japan, be sure that the claim will reach PMAC later than "the planned departure date". In this case, "Certification of no residency in Japan" will be required instead of attaching a copy of the passport page showing the date of the last departure from Japan.