> Damage due to flood, earthquake, fire, or other disasters
Damage due to flood, earthquake, fire, or other disasters
Death by disaster
Condolence Benefit is contributed when a member or dependent died due to flood, earthquake, or other disasters. A memberís survivor will receive the Condolence Benefit for the member and a member will receive the Dependent Condolence Benefit for the dependent.
Condolence Benefit (for the death of a member)
Hundred percent (1 month) of the memberís Monthly Standard Salary
Dependent Condolence Benefit (for the death of a dependent)
Seventy percent (0.7 month) of the memberís Monthly Standard Salary
- When the condolence amount is less than 270,000 yen, the balance shall be paid as Supplementary Condolence Benefit or Supplementary Dependent Condolence Benefit.
- The benefit may be paid together with the Burial Benefit.
Damage or loss of the home and property
Relief benefit is paid when a memberís or dependentís home or property have been damaged or lost due to a disaster such as flood or fire (exclusive of robbery).
Disaster Relief Benefit
- For loss of one third or more of the home or property
- A half to three (0.5 to 3) months of Monthly Standard Salary depending on the degree of damage
Supplementary Disaster Relief Benefit
- Sixty percent (60%) of the Disaster Relief Benefit is paid in addition as supplementary.
- A half month of Monthly Standard Salary when one fifth or more to less than one third of the home or property were damaged.
- When a member and a dependent live separately, the dependentís house and property shall also be regarded as part of the memberís house and property.
- The Disaster Relief Benefit is not intended to cover the loss or damage of the home or property. When damaged parts or property can be repaired, such repair cost is not within the scope of Disaster Relief Benefit.
- The amount of the Disaster Relief Benefit varies depending on the degree of damage. In case of damage of less than one fifth of the home or property, there is no relief benefit to be paid.
- Exterior objects such as garages, storage houses, barns, gates, fences and hedges are not regarded as part of the home or property in our definition.